He dead, right?

I have to keep myself from laughing a lot lately. Especially during math because we are learning about coins and one thing my kids have picked up on is that in America you have to be dead to get your face on money. Every time we look at a coin they want to know if that person is dead. Then they proceed to tell me that they think their dad was alive when whoever was president. I tell them that if their dad was alive when Abraham Lincoln was president, he would be well over 100 years old by now. They assure me that, "No, I really do think he was alive when that dude was president." Another thing I have noticed is that kids will believe anything you tell them. Today a little girl was sleeping on the beanbags because she didn't feel well. When a little boy asked me where one of them went I looked right at him and said, "I ate it." The whole class gasped and said, "OH MY GAHHH!!! Ms. Peacock you ATE that??" All I could say was, "Yep. Now, let's look at how we can fix this sentence..." I thought Angelena (my assistant) was going to fall out of her chair she was laughing so hard. Later, on the playground, this kindergartener literally threw himself onto the ground pouting. He laid there for about a minute, face down, and when he stood back up his whole face had straw stuck to it! Some was even sticking out of his mouth. One thing is for sure, for this being an arts school, these kids definitely have the drama thing down!

Popular Posts