Christmas: Part 1

Chicago. Coldest I've ever been.
When school got out on December 19, I got in the car and headed straight for my parents house in Goldsboro. Early Saturday morning, my dad and I got up and drove to RDU where I got on a plane bound for Chicago. It was so great to get to spend 3 days with Renee! We walked, we ate, we shopped, we went to the Art Institute, we walked some more, we ate some more, we saw Wicked, and we walked a little more. And that was all in the first day!! Day 2: We woke up at 1 in the afternoon and made French toast. After a tour of the town of Wheaton and a very very cold stop at the Red Box we decided to make some snow cream and watch movies all afternoon. It was -5 outside and the wind chill was -30 to -40. Brrrr!! We are talking, painfully cold. On Monday (day 3) we ate breakfast at this yummy place in Wheaton then took a train into the city. After taking a little trip out to Wrigleyville to see Wrigley Field (how could I not??) we went to American Girl Place then walked to the John Hancock center. After lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, we went up the Hancock Observatory and got a birds-eye view of the city. It was Amazing! After that, we walked back down the Magnificent Mile and caught a trolley out to Navy Pier. I was expecting a long wooden, standard pier. Not the case. Navy Pier has a mall in the middle of it! It was crazy. I went outside for about a minute to see the frozen Lake Michigan, but it was waaaayyyy too cold and I didn't last long. Renee and I woke up early the next morning and drove to the airport in a snowstorm, but thankfully everything went according to schedule on my flight home. Chicago. What a great way to start Christmas break!!

Popular Posts