The title of this post used to be the title of an O.A.R. song but in hindsight that was really cringey.

Yesterday was the first teacher workday here in New Hanover County. That means that after changing 3 (yes 3) times, I finally found out what grade I was teaching. After possibilities of Kindergarten, then 5th, it finally came down to 3rd or 1st. And the winner is...... FIRST!! I am so excited. Now I can actually start preparing myself for the next 10 months. And I got to see my classroom, which was quite overwhelming considering that it just has furniture and boxes piled in the center of it. Open house is tomorrow (Thursday) and I am just hoping that I can have SOMETHING that looks like a classroom ready for the kids to see because Tuesday is coming and that means the first day of school! Yikes. Thank goodness for my dad, who is coming down today to help me move stuff around and get things unpacked and in place. One thing that makes me more nervous than having students and being responsible for their education is having an assistant. I mean, I am 23 years old and I am supposed to tell this woman that I don't even know, and who is older than me, AND who is certified to be a teacher, what to do?! I don't think so. But that is how it goes so I guess I'll just have to suck it up and deal.

Popular Posts