That's What It's All About



Alright let's talk about the Olympics.

Some of my favorite moments:
  • U.S. men win 4x100 free relay; Lezac turning on the thrusters to beat the Frenchies; Michael Phelps' now famous scream in celebration
  • Michael Phelps 100 fly win -- whoa
  • Michael Phelps: Greatest Olympian Ever
  • The U.S. Women's Eights Rowing win gold for the first time since '84 and then seeing them singing the National Anthem at the top of their lungs during the medal ceremony
  • Usain Bolt. Enough said. (but also his celebration after the 100m)
  • Roger Federer fighting back the tears during his gold medal ceremony
  • Dwayne Wade's pass to Kobe Bryant during the game against Greece.
  • Who knew Kobe Bryant was multi-lingual?
  • David Neville literally diving across the finish line for bronze in men's 400m. USA went 1-2-3 as a result
  • Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson
There are so many more, but that'll do. I can't help it... I just really REALLY love the Olympics.
There were however a few things I did not like. For example, Leona Lewis' performance during the closing ceremonies. It reminded me of a SuperBowl Halftime Show (which is fine during the SuperBowl but not at the Olympics). Also, the allegedly of-age Chinese Women's Gymnastics team. And let's not even talk about all the baton dropping that went on during the track relays. All in all, though, it was a great Olympics. I am still re-watching it on DVR. My roomate Emily thinks I'm crazy, and I might be. The Olympics just make me happy though. They are the one thing I can't live without. If you told me that after tonight there would be no more handbags or high heels or any sort of cute accessory that I love, I could still survive, but if they took away the Olympics, I don't know what I'd do. Die probably. Well, now that I think about it, I couldn't live without the Yankees either, so let's keep them too.
The countdown to Vancouver has already started (1 year, 5 months, 15 days).
Announcer: If I had told you before this race that you would beat Jeremy Wariner by .99 seconds, almost a whole second, in the Men's 400m would you have believed me?
LaShawn Merritt: Sho' would have.

Popular Posts