The Rocks

Today Renee and I went into the city and hung out in an area called The Rocks for a while. It was so cool. The central part of Sydney feels very New York City so I looooved it! On Saturdays there are markets set up near the Harbor Bridge with food, and clothes, and jewelry...
At one point, we rounded a corner and came up on this...
They were called "Super Florence Jam" and they were good!
But the BEST part was when we rounded another corner and saw... (drumroll please)...
TA-DA!!!
I nearly screamed when I saw it. It's one of those things that EVERYONE has seen in pictures, or on TV, or AT LEAST in "Finding Nemo", but to see it in real life was crazy!
Now that I have a small feel for the city, and I know where to get off the train, I think I might just try to venture in on my own one day this week. I mean, I could navigate the D.C. metro system by the time I was 14 and I most certainly can get myself around New York, so I can handle Sydney... right?
Let's hope so!

Comments

Popular Posts