This is going to take some getting used to

So much has happened since I left Wilmington! Where do I even start? I got a job, my mom got FACEBOOK (what?!), and I'm living at home. Let's start with the job. I got a job in Goldsboro on the day that I got home... LITERALLY. That was a loooong day because I sort of had a nervous breakdown. Well, that is an extreme exaggeration, but I did freak out, maybe a little unnecessarily. Here is the short version:
I had an interview at 9am. When I left the interview the principal told me to call her by 4:00 if I wanted to be considered for the job. I go home, can't get up with my parents because they are in Alaska and in the YUKON that day with no cell service. This is a big decision to make with no one to run it by. I decide (at the prompting of Bekah) that I should call and tell her I want to be considered because then it will give me some time to think about it some more AND it will be a shot at a steady paycheck. 3:15 - I call the principal to tell her that I would like to be considered. She says, "Oh I already gave it to someone else." I said, "Ummmmm......." She says, "HA! Gotcha on that one!" Long story short, by telling her I would like to be considered, I accepted the job. I immediately went into, "Holy crap what have I just gotten myself into??" mode. Well, turns out there may not have been any need for that because school started yesterday, and the last 2 days have been really good. I mean, you have to account for the standard beginning of the year chaos, so all things considered, I have 2 good days under my belt. AND I am teaching 1st grade again so that is something familiar in a world of new things. On the first day of school I went to the classroom next to me and said, "Uh, where is the cafeteria?" True story. Another true story: Apparently it is really common for people to confuse Peacock and peaches because a kid today called me Miss Peaches (this has happened before). The BEST part of this story is that later on, a kid yelled at me across the playground, but they said, "MISS PEACH CUP!!!" Bwaaaahahahahaha! THAT was a first. On top of the new job, I am living in my parents house for the first time since I was 18. Living at home isn't bad. Being back in Goldsboro has been the interesting part. I have one friend that I actually hang out with here. Plus, my brain still thinks in terms of Wilmington. I try to figure out the best way to get places, and remember they are in Wilmington. Or I'll go somewhere, get halfway there, and remember that I don't remember how to get there. Needless to say, I am still adjusting.

Comments

Popular Posts