The Theology of First Graders

Conversation I overheard between some of my students:
Student 1 - Is Rocko Bama [Barak Obama] in charge of the rain?
Student 2 - NOOOOOOO! Rocko Bama is not GOD!
Student 1 - Oh.
Student 3 - Did you know there are 2 god's? God is the real god, and Jesus is the other god, but really he is the other God's son.
Student 1 - Yeah, but he dead.
Student 4 - NUH UH! He is NOT dead! 'Cause Easter happened! Remember?!

Conversation I had with one of my students (about an hour later):
Student - Miss Peacot, I been to God's house.
Me - Really? Me too.
Student - OH YOU BEEN TO MY CHURCH?!
Me - No. I have been to church though.
Student - Well you ain't been to God's house den cause it's at my church, that is what they said.

** BY THE WAY**
Summative eval with principal went GREAT!!
However, I didn't last 30 seconds until I started crying. She hadn't even said anything yet, but I was so NERVOUS I couldn't control it. HA! She seemed to think it was just the whole "I'm a first-year teacher and I don't know what to expect" thing, told me she understood, and handed me a tissue.
9 days left!! We are officially in single digits people!!!

Comments

Popular Posts