I Don't Want To Grow Up

My mind keeps thinking of things I could do with my tax return OTHER than pay bills this summer. I could buy a Gucci bag. I could go back to New York... a couple of times. I could go ahead and buy my plane ticket to Sydney and buy some new luggage. I oculd buy a lot of shoes. All much more fun than saving and bills and responsibility. BOOOOOOOOOOOO being a grown-up.
Speaking of New York, it was great. I love that city. I feel like it is a part of me. I think a little piece of my heart lives in the Village. Andrea and I had a GREAT time packing as much as we could into 3 days... complete with a private tour of the new Yankee Stadium, an appearance on Good Morning America, Banana-Bread Pudding from Magnolia Bakery, and plenty of refilled Metro Cards. Here a just a few pictures from our Spring Break getaway.


Andrea and I in the Yankees bullpen at the stadium.


We got to be in the studio audience at Good Morning America. We even got to meet the anchors and Tom Bergeron, who was a guest that morning.


This is the AMAZING view from our hotel window!


I love this picture! This was the first thing we did when we got to the city. We were going to walk all the way across the Brooklyn Bridge, but the wind was blowing pretty hard, and being over the water just intensified the cold, so we went half way and turned back.
Here is my favorite picture from the whole trip. Each suit at Yankee Stadium is numbered and outside each suit is a plaque that says every Yankee that wore the number of that suit. Papa was also number 48, but I didn't look on that one (I forgot).


On a completely separate note, I have 2 observations coming up probably sometime next week. We all know how the last one went, so here's hoping that the next 2 will go well and I won't look like a completely incompetent teacher. I only have to survive 37 more days, and a week of teacher workdays, then I am FINISHED. Tomorrow is our school's 2nd annual fun-day type thing. Apparently, last year they hada really good turn out, but my kids' parents don't show up for ANYTHING, so I am not going to get too excited. I am going out there for at least a little while and it would be really fun to see my kids outside of the school environment.

Reponsibility, what's that?
Responsibility, not quite yet...
-MXPX

Comments

Popular Posts