Autumn

I love fall. I love the crisp chill in the air. I love that I can sleep with my windows open and I finally live somewhere quiet enough that all I can hear outside is the leaves on the trees blowing in the wind. It reminds me of being in the mountains. I love the mountains in the fall, especially since Wilmington is pretty much seasonally deprived. We have the blazing heat of the summer and the bitter cold of the winter, so this in-between time we are getting to experience right now is amazing. It makes my terrible days a little more enjoyable. I am learning, though, that if I don't focus (or really think about at all) on the bad things that happened during the school day, my day goes a lot better anyway... it just starts at 3:00. Hey, I'll take what I can get. Strangely enough, thinking of all the places I would rather be while I am at school helps a lot too. I mean, let's face it, thinking about where I want to be but am not is a lot more pleasant than thinking about where I am.
Places I would rather be in the fall:
Little Switzerland / Echo Cottage
Windy Gap / Asheville
Blowing Rock
Chapel Hill
Knoxville
New York City
any place that the leaves change colors

Popular Posts