Swing Your Corner Lady

Not only has Young Life provided me with a roommate - FRANCES is one of the new YL interns here in Goldsboro - it has also brought BEN back to town! Ben is one of my very best friends and an adopted cousin. In all honesty, he's really more like a brother. His family moved to Goldsboro 14 (?) years ago, and my entire family immediately adopted them as our own because my family's mountain house is across the street from where the Johnson's grandparents lived. Ben and his sister Lindsay quickly became the 9th and 10th grandchildren in the King family and we've been cousins ever since.
Lindsay's birthday is this week, so this weekend I went with Ben to his parents' house in Lynchburg, VA for Lindsay's square dance birthday party! It was SO GOOD to get to spend some quality time with the Johnson fam.



I got to help launch and catch a hot air balloon!

The view from the Johnson's porch.



Lindsay's party was a hit! Everyone had a great time dancing and sitting around the fire. It was fun to meet so many of Ben and Lindsay's friends!

Lindsay's college roommate, and best friend (on the right), flew in from Texas to surprise her for her birthday!

I am so thankful to have friends like the Johnson family. They make me feel like one of their own and are always so much fun to be around. Thanks Linds, for letting me crash your birthday party!!

Comments

Popular Posts