You don't get a kids meal, you don't get a toy!

Things I wish I could find right now: my car keys, my phone charger. I haven't seen my car keys since Wednesday. This hasn't really been a problem because I have just been using my spare keys. Those don't have a key to my house on them, but that hasn't been a problem either because every day when I get home from school, someone is there. Until Friday. On Friday afternoon (before I was done at school), by parents and sister headed up to our family's mountain house. I knew this was going to happen and had planned to grab the spare house key from by the backdoor that morning. As I was pulling into the driveway on Friday afternoon I realize... I forgot to grab the key. I immediately think this is not a huge deal because I am sure my grandparents have a key. They don't. No one does.
WHAT?! You mean to tell me that (almost) our entire family lives in or around this town and NO ONE has a spare key to our house?!? Yes. That is, in fact, what I am saying. Oh wait, this just in... my Aunt Margaret MIGHT have a key. I drive to her house. She gives me a key. It isn't the same kind of key as the rest of our house keys, but I am hopeful that it is just a copy that is a different kind of key. It also occurs to me that in the 13 years that we have lived here, we have moved once and gotten the locks on our current house changed once. The key might be to the house in Fremont, or it might be pre-lock change. I am still holding out hope that it will work. I get home, the key goes into the lock... nothing. The key is not a match. Uh oh. Umm.... what do I do, Mom? The solution: go to Smithfield to the outlets and just buy enough clothing to get me through the weekend in the mountains... AND a dress to wear to Lauren and Brad's wedding. I think this will not be an issue at all because I am sure that I will find everything I need in 30 minutes at Banana Republic. Not so. After hitting every store that I possibly could, I walked away with a dress for the wedding... and nothing else. At least I had THAT taken care of though. I get back in my car, pick Andrea up in Apex, and proceed on to the mountains. Saturday morning: Wake up, put teacher-clothes back on, and HOPE that I find something to wear in Blowing Rock. First stop: the J.Crew outlet... SUCCESS!! After many more stops I finally had everything I needed for the weekend, including new Rainbows, a new toothbrush, and new jeans... among other things. In other news... the Yanks are NINE games up. My teaching job is still mostly great. I am getting REALLY antsy lately to be in Australia. And college football season has started!

Comments

Popular Posts