If you don't stop and look around once in a while...

Ok let's start with this: THE YANKEES ARE IN FIRST PLACE!!!!
(I realize that it might not last long after this series with Boston, but a girl can hope...)
Moving right along... HOLY JUNK!!!! HAVE I REALLY MADE IT THROUGH 179 DAYS OF SCHOOL?!?! The answer to that question is: Yes. As a matter of fact I have. I have done the impossible. Well, maybe not impossible, but it seemed that way MANY of those 179 days. The point here is that the last day of school is tomorrow (June 10) and I am thinking I might have to take out stock in the Kleenex company. Unbelievable, I know. One of my kids punched another kid the other day, so the puncher wasn't allowed to come to our big end-of-the-year luau that the first grade had. It broke my heart, even though he had to face the consquences. Also, he isn't allowed to come to school tomorrow and THAT broke my heart too. I have never seen a child so sad at the thought of not coming to school. I am going to be a basket case tomorrow. Shoot, I have to stop talking about it because I am starting to cry now. Ok one more thing, as CRAZY and angry and miserable this group of kids has made me this year, I wouldn't have traded them (most of them) for the world. I have REALLY fallen in love with them! (And not even JUST the ones in MY class.)
Alright, I am REALLY NOT trying to be all sad and down right now, but everything is coming to an end and that is sad stuff people. I only have 20 days left in my house. Then I move in with the Asselin's for the month of July. Then, dun dun dun, it's back to Goldsboro. Still not super excited about that. I have been in Wilmington so long that it has become home. This is where my life is, and it is going to be HARD to leave that. More on that when it is actually happening though.
On a happier note, SUMMERTIME IS HERE! (Well not technically, but it is hot enough to count.) Time is going by SO fast! I had better learn to soak it all in while I can.


Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.
-Semisonic

Comments

Popular Posts