3 Things We Can All Agree On

Y'all know I'm a list maker, so today I came up with a mid-week list of things we can all agree on. With all of the disagreement that is filling up the news, and my Facebook feed, the first thing I think we can all agree on is that we have to find something we can all agree on. Let me offer a few suggestions...



1) John Mayer. Who doesn't like John Mayer? Even my dad, who listens to oldies and beach music almost exclusively, will get a John Mayer song stuck in his head every so often. Then we all listen to him walk around the house for 3 days singing, "Say what you need to say, say what you need to say..." over and over again.
Let me just say that I am highly disappointed that Mr. Mayer is NOT making a Nashville stop on his upcoming tour, but I'll let it slide in hopes that there will be other tours and other opportunities to see him live. While I wait for that day, I'll be over here listening to my "John Mayer Faves" playlist. While I'm listening, I'll also be pretending I'm laying by the pool or on the beach with something cold in my cup. You can too if you want.

2) Baseball season. Spring training is officially underway y'all, and I could not be more excited! It's no secret that I love spring training more than the average person, but that isn't the point. Baseball season is just around the corner which also signals the start of warm weather, and eventually, SUMMER! I feel pretty positive we can ALL agree that this is exciting.
Yankees Spring Training 2009
3) Grown-ups should still go on a "spring break" every year. By the time the end of winter rolls around everyone that I know is tired of the cold and the darkness and just ready for some sunshine. What better way to cure your winter dirge than by taking a trip to somewhere warm?? It doesn't even have to be anywhere super exciting or tropical, but I think if grown-ups had a getaway to look forward to while they're trudging through January, everyone would be in a much better mood! Personally, I've been dying to go to Hawaii lately. Granted, I've only spent a total of 9 hours touristing around Honolulu during a layover, but I've got a pretty good daydream going of what I'd like to do. I don't want to go do the whole resort thing. I want to rent a little cottage on Air BnB and go post up on the North Shore for about a month and just hang out.
Dreams, y'all. {image via}
Are you noticing a pattern here? I'm clearly thinking a lot about sunshine and warm weather. So I guess the theme here is that if there is only one thing we can all agree on, it's SUMMER TIME! Happy Wednesday, y'all!!
What are some things you think we can all agree on? 


In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
- Albert Camus

Comments

Popular Posts