Southwind Week One

I'm one week in here on my first real assignment at Young Life camp and I am loving it. Everyone told me I would fall in love with Southwind, and I have to admit I was skeptical, but they were so right! This camp is so great and we are all having a friggin blast. The rest of the assigned team (and their families) have become like one big family already and it's been a long time since I've laughed as hard as I have this week. I think I've also been more of my real self during this past week than I have in years. I am truly in my natural habitat, guys.

I'm the dining hall boss, and I think we have the smallest group of servers in Young Life camping history — but they are killing it! We haven't had one late meal yet. (Excuse me while we brush the dirt off our shoulders.) The 10 girls that are in the dining hall are killing it and I already love them so much. I have said "teamwork makes the dream work" so many times in the last seven days that it has become the motto of the dining hall! (It started off as a joke.) I have encouraged them over and over to have grace with each other when they're tired, still working, and realize a table is missing a plate — and I have watched them do it! They absolutely nailed week one, and I couldn't be more proud. 
I would love it if you would pray for continued grace and patience with each other (for me and the servers), for good communication between everyone here, and for friendships to continue to grow. We are having so much fun and my prayer is for that to continue and not fade away, for renewed energy each day because our bodies hurt all over and we are SO tired each night, and for all of us to not lose sight of why we are here and WHO we are serving. 
The Work Crew and Summer Staff had a neon dance party last night to celebrate finishing week one. We danced so hard, sweated a lot, and at some point I decided to go out into the hall and see if I could still do "the worm" (I could in high school). That was a bad decision. 

Comments

Popular Posts