Who I'm Not, and Who I Am.

I'm a storyteller. I've always heard that my stories are really great, but sometimes including every single detail isn't necessary. But I'm a storyteller. It's just who I am by nature, and it is what the focus of this blog used to be. Somewhere along the way I convinced myself that I needed to be more like the popular blogs that I love to read. I tried to be a lot of things that I'm not, and I basically just crashed an burned. Do I still get really excited about interior design/decor, accessories, and good recipes? Heck yeah! I might even throw some of that in the mix every so often, but I'm done trying to be "that" blogger because at the end of the day, I'm not a "blogger", I'm a storyteller. So let me tell you a story...

It took a little more than a year, but I FINALLY HAVE FRIENDS here in Nashville! Real friends. The kind that know your name (instead of re-meeting you eleventy million times), the kind that come up to you after church and say, "I knew you were sitting somewhere near me because I heard your laugh," (someone knows me well enough to recognize my laugh!), and the kind that just plain invite you to do things. I joined a Bible study a year ago and it has been the biggest blessing here in Nashville. It has definitely become a comfort zone for all of us that are a part of it. One thing I really prayed for when I moved was community, and this Bible study has really come through in providing that. I had such strong community in North Carolina, and it was a shock to my system to have only one person when I moved to Tennessee. Thank goodness Emily was that one person, and she has been so great at introducing me to, and sharing, her friends. Between her and Bible study I am finally starting to make some friends of my own! Who knew a lunch date, an invite to a party, or a text asking to join a birthday celebration would make me so giddy?! Y'all, you don't realize how much we take little things like that for-granted until you don't have them anymore. I sure am thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts