The Job Hunt

Y'all, job searching outside your field of expertise is hard. I'm not 100% sure I want to stay in the classroom, so I've been searching for jobs in Nashville that aren't teaching jobs. Let me just tell ya, it's like taking not just one, but a whole bunch of shots in the dark.
I don't know how to look for non-teaching jobs. I don't even know what kind of non-teaching job I might want to do! I know that Vandy has a hospital school in the children's hospital, so that could be cool. I also would love to do something in social media. Or events. I love organizing events.
I've Googled "best companies to work for in Nashville" and "jobs in Nashville", but that is SO overwhelming... so I'm trying to narrow it down. If you have any suggestions, send them my way! I felt like I was making really great strides, and then I just got stuck. I've sent in all of my paperwork for my Tennessee teaching license, but I'm still waiting to hear back. I applied for a job that I really wanted, (over confidently) thought it was mine to lose, and didn't even get an interview. What I did get was an email that said, "... after reviewing your information, we've decided to pursue other applicants." Ouch.
Job hunt: 1 MC's ego: 0
Ahhhh. Being stuck, with no idea how to get un-stuck, is not a fun place to be.

Comments

Popular Posts