The good. The bad. The sad. The hilarious!
Instead of doing a typical 2010 "Year in Review" post, I thought I'd give you a glimpse back through the year via my twitter (typos and all). Enjoy.
FOUND MY KEYS!!!!!!! (They've only been lost since labor day)
“Love fails, only when we fail to love.” – J. Franklin (via iheart)
While putting on pj's my leg somehow got tangled in my pants and I fell down. To the floor. Yep
Hanging out with the Hancocks. Just made a photocopy of my face. Awesome
- Jury duty. This is a new and interesting experience
- Guy who decided he would be in charge of the remote chose an old movie on AMC. Hope the other 86 people in here are in agreement
- Haha everyone's yelling at him to "find the olympics!" He pretends he doesn't hear.
- Dude found CSI. Round of applause. Compromise? Guess so.
- Jury Duty update. At 3:00 I fell asleep in my chair. When I woke up I thought it'd been at least 30 minutes. It was 3:07
- I think my tweet quota for the entire year was reached today. #pathetic
closing ceremonies. i'm entering a time of mourning!
Sitting next to Reggie Jackson
Singing at the top of my lungs... until I realized Andrea was asleep in the next room! #oops
1st grader: "I had to do eenie, meenie, miney, mo this morning on my pants. I couldn't decide which ones to wear." --they wear uniforms :)
Every time I hear the song "Shout!" It makes me want to "dance through the ages". Too many summers spent working at #younglifecamp :)
"I saw a lawn mower have a wreck with a car today." @hadleypeacock
I'm alive because Jesus lives
Just bought a one way ticket to australia. Freaking out is an under statement
Laughing over the last 2 years with Bek. Mo, Jami, O'C, @mysterywhitegrl: Loooooooooove you girls SO MUCH!!
Very last LOST with the Hancocks. This is a sad sad night.
- Just rode our bicycles in a motorcycle parade.
- That group of 20 somethings singing real loud while they bike along the national mall? Oh, that was us.
Old map? http://tweetphoto.com/25545055
K! THIRTY! EIGHT! For the last time. With people I love.
- "What are the names of the months in Australia?" - @hadleypeacock
- Me: "I'm going o Australia." Guy at bank: "Oh so you're doing like a European world tour thing?" -- Geography FAIL
LAX for the next hour.... then on the NZ then SYDNEY!! nervous/excited/homesick/tired but i'm sure more excitement is coming... right?
I MADE IT!!!
first cold 4th of July ever! (booo) cooking the "housemates" a cookout-style dinner tonight though. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
Grocery shopping in Austraila is EXPENSIVE yo! http://tweetphoto.com/32069146
baseball has given me so many reasons to be sad today.
I don't hate it! Haha http://tweetphoto.com/32774349
Gellato and old books in Glebe. Coffee and thrift stores in Newtown. Manly tonight which means MEXICAN food and the BEACH - my 2 faves
Church tonight. Gold Coast in the morning with Sarah!
- My view right now http://tweetphoto.com/33941763
- Lunch on the beach. Dinner in the mountains. This country is awesome
- Drove a CAR in Australia today! Look out pedestrians in Manly... MC's comin' through!
- And, might I add, it was a stick shift! Shifting left handed was crazy but no stall outs for this girl!
Who's got tickets to the SOLD OUT Eels game?? We do!! http://tweetphoto.com/35939734
Surfer Blood. Right now. http://tweetphoto.com/36584026
Mumford & Sons at The Enmore http://tweetphoto.com/36763135
starting to get really sad about leaving Syd
- Nabes are throwing their weekly Friday night rager. We're making our escape early this time
- Friday night at the drive-in. I feel like I'm on the set of Grease! http://tweetphoto.com/37144537
Sunday Night Live at @hillsong. Last Sunday in Oz. What a way to go...
last hoorah part 1: chillin at the argyle to the sounds of al green http://tweetphoto.com/37845433
HOME! also NEVER staying awake for 55 hours straight again. ever. in my life.
Since my body thinks it's 4:15 in the afternoon it's completely normal that I'm wide awake and hungry at 2:15 am. Right?
been a long time since i laughed as hard as i did last night with @margaritajg and @abjphoto. definitely one of the highlights of this wknd
on my way to the queen city for the much anticipated wedding of @laurenlizc and @josh_bick! this is gonna be a good one......
Tonight I danced with my favorites, talked and laughed about Oz with Tracie, and Lauren became a BICKERSTAFF!! So good.
homesick for Sunday night grocery shopping, and Bondi, and wandering around the city, and @hillsong, and flat whites, and and and...........
Verse a Chilean miner clung to while trapped: "In his hand are the depths of the earth, & mountain peaks belong to him."-Psalm 95:4
pkgs i sent myself from oz (aka clothes and shoes that wouldn't fit in suitcase) are JUST now being prepared 2 b shipped #auspostissloooooow
So thankful for amazing friends and family! Please keep PRAYING HARD for Papa and all of our family - for healing for papa and peace for us
http://twitpic.com/36wl4w several years ago there was a rumor that they were gonna do away with the penny. Papa started saving....
I just dropped my sweater in Thomas Jefferson's fireplace. Literally. #whoops
10 DAYS TILL POLAR BEAR!!! Get excited yo http://twitpic.com/3brkia
Sitting n my parked car bc "The Girl" is playing. Lol bc I can't count how many times I've done that with @corrinerobins and Renee
Ready ready ready ready, ready to ruuuuunnn! http://twitpic.com/3csuhh @mirandawrites86 @hadleypeacock @mallorypeacock mimi and amy #notMC
Annual Peacock bonfire! If you're not here you're missing out!! http://twitpic.com/3gwy1e
O holy night, the stars are brightly shining! It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth!
2010 was a year with a lot of major events. I went to Australia (and came home), I started teaching at a school that I love, and I lost my precious grandfather. I have so many FUN memories from this year, and some pretty sad ones, but one thing I CAN say is that the Lord has been with me through everything and that is something I know I can count on for 2011 as well. As for what else will come, I guess we'll just have to see...