Leaving on a jet plane...

My last day in Oz. Renee had to work :( that day, so I made sure to wake up early enough to hug her and tell her bye before she left. It only took 3 trips to get my suitcases downstairs, and we only had to lay all the seats down flat in Corrine's car to make them fit. Ha! After we got the car all packed up, we drove to Clovelly to meet up with Carmella to do to Eastern Beaches Coastal Walk that runs from Coogee to Bondi. The walk was gorgeous! It runs along the very edge of the beaches, a lot of that being cliffs.
The weather was PERFECT and the surf was enormous so there were tons of surfers to watch along the way. I finally got to see the big Australian waves I'd been expecting all along! The walk takes about an hour and a half one way, so by the time we got to Bondi we were starving for lunch. We went to a cafe on Hall Street that is ALWAYS packed - Le Paris Go. It was delicious, but I think it's safe to say that all 3 of us felt a little like posers. Everyone in there, customers and employees were total hipsters, and while I WISH I was cool enough to be a hipster, I am not. It was the same feeling I had while trying to order coffee at Single Origin. Afterward, we walked around and window-shopped in several of the boutiques that line the street, then headed down to the beach. I HAD to put my toes in the sand in Australia one last time before I left. We decided to take a cab back to Clovelly, where we'd left the car, and that was definitely an interesting experience. Mostly because the cab driver wanted us to give him directions from Bondi to Clovelly... even though he's a cab driver and should know those things... and he had a GPS. Lawd have mercy.
I'm gonna drag out this last little bit as much as I can because let's be honest, I don't want it to be over.
On the rocks at Clovelly - before starting our walk.

Surfer at Tamarama.


BONDI and the Tasman Sea!

The adventure of a lifetime / best summer EVER!

Comments

Popular Posts