April

Well... better late than never. Right?
Easter weekend:
That Saturday we had a bridal shower for my cousin Blythe. She got married on the 17th, but the shower was the first of many wedding events. It was a lot of fun to celebrate and get to hang out with Blythe and her sister Miranda. The next day was Easter, and a lot of our family came to our house for lunch. It is always fun when ANY of us cousins get together because we laugh... a LOT.

April 10th. The Tar Heel 10 miler!!! On race morning, Hadley, Mallory, and I woke up at 4:30 (!!), drove to Chapel Hill, and met up with Amy, Miranda, and Mimi. Amy and Mimi ran the 10 mile course while Hadley, Mallory, Miranda, and I ran the 4 mile. My goal was to finish in under an hour, but while I was running I had no idea what my time was. I didn't have a watch that I could time myself with, and there were no clocks, or people shouting out the time, along the course. The weather that morning was perfect, which helped a lot I think, and even though I walked most of the up-hills my official time was..... 48:35.35!!!!!!!! And to be completely honest, I could've kept going. I think I might keep this running thing up.
After the race, I went over to Mimi and Miranda's house in Raleigh to shower and get ready for a wedding! Shane (the groom) is a good friend from college and it was great to see the whole Wilmington crowd (minus 2) all together again.

The next weekend:
BLYTHE and BRIAN'S WEDDING!! Wow what a busy, but fun, weekend! Thursday night Mallory and I went over to Fremont to help our cousin EGie set up for the Bridesmaids luncheon on Friday. We danced around more than we worked, but we got it all done and it turned out beautifully!

Friday, I worked 1/2 a day at school then ran back over to Fremont for the actual luncheon. Then we all changed clothes and went to Wilson for the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner/after party.
Saturday started with a brunch in Wilson, then the wedding was that afternoon! It was beautiful. Blythe looked great and everyone had a really good time. After the wedding we went over to the Johnson's for a cookout, then Sunday we went BACK over to Wilson for a post-wedding-weekend lunch. Whew! It was all worth the exhaustion though!

Here's an update on Australia. I've found a plane ticket that is SUPER affordable. However, I've entered the stage of planning that I like to call "HOLY COW WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!" I'm in freak-out mode. I think I'm terrified that I'm going to get over to Sydney and all of a sudden be jobless and broke and stranded. Even though I know that won't happen and this whole situation is in God's hands it is still so scary. I'm actually going to call Jess later tonight just to get some advice and encouragement from someone who has done this all before.

I promise all this 1-post-a-month nonsense will stop soon.


Comments

Popular Posts