March. In a nutshell.

Considering that it has been a month since I last posted anything, you would think I'd have a lot to catch you up on. Not so my friends, not so. And such is the life I lead here in Goldsboro. Even as I type this message to you, I am thinking "I am going to have to look at my calendar to even remember if I've done anything post-worthy." Sad.
And now my brain begins to work and says, "Duuuhhhh Mary Clyde!" and all of a sudden I remember.

I'll start with my annual trip down to Tampa for Yankees Spring Training. Ahhhhh Tampa. Let's just take a moment to revel in the wonderfulness (word? i don't know) that is Spring Training. --- Ok. This was by far the quickest trip to Florida I have ever made. I mean, we are talking 36 hours in the Sunshine State. My parents and sister were planning to go down for a long weekend at the beginning of March, but I just couldn't take the time off of work (for various reasons). As the weekend approached my mom had a great idea! "Hey MC, since we are driving down, why don't you just fly down on Friday night after school and ride back with us on Sunday." "Omigosh mom!! What a great idea! How much is this gonna cost me??" Turns out I was able to find a pretty cheap ticket, and the tradition continued. It was great.
Cute PaPa in "work mode".



In case you don't recognize these guys: PaPa in back, Reggie Jackson, George Steinbrenner.
Just another day in Suite 1.



Jessie is one of my best friends from UNCW. She is in P.A. school at Nova and was in the Tampa area with some girlfriends. When we found out we were going to be so close to each other that weekend she talked the girls into buying tickets for the game on Saturday. It was so good to see her!



Dinner at Landry's with the fam. (Dad was there, but he was the photographer.)



One of many pictures taken during our midnight adventure!

Last weekend Dad, Mal, and I went down to Savannah to see family. My cousin Sean bought a boat last summer so we spent all day Saturday enjoying the warm weather and the first day of Spring!
I also got to go to Wilmington one weekend and that is always good! I walked on the beach with Renee, ate fish tacos at K38, took a nap on Michael's couch, had breakfast at the Asselin's, shopped for groceries with Bekah, and went to church at Port City for the first time since before Christmas. I think it was just what the doctor ordered.
So there's the month of March... from my point of view. As far as Australia plans go, I e-mailed a girl at Hillsong and got their accommodations list. Everyone on the list needs a roommate "now!" so I think I am just going to try again when the time to go is a little bit closer. Also, I'm working on getting everything together so I can get my visa, and as soon as I have that I can apply for a job as a "casual teacher". I think that is sort of like a substitute, but you have to be a certified teacher to do it. The website has a whole section about prospective applicants who will be in Australia on a "Work and Holiday" visa (which is what I will have), and they say that it is an ideal job for people like me. Hopefully it will be as easy to get a job as they make it seem! Pray for a job and housing to become reality in the next couple of months!

Comments

Popular Posts