The final countdown

Life at the Asselin's has been good so far. Last week was CRAZY. I got back from Texas on Monday night (July 6) and Bekah's cousin was in town for the week. Then, my good friend Lauren Cribbs came to town for a wedding they were all going to, so she stayed with us. Basically, today was our first full day as legit roommates. All the other days so far have just felt like I was visiting because there were other people visiting as well. Texas was AWESOME! I was not ready to leave at all. I am telling you, if for some reason Sydney doesn't work out, I am moving to Austin. Hands down. It was so good to be there and just get to spend time with the Horvath/Hagey clan. They're like family. Being back from Texas was sad on it's own, but it also means that summer is half over already!! My days in Wilmington are numbered... 22 to be exact. Man, it is coming fast. Nothing in me wants to move back to Goldsboro, but I have such a peace about it that I feel like it HAS to be what God wants me to do. It is also a little easier knowing that there is an end date. I would NOT be doing it if it were indefinite. NO WAY. For now, life is pretty chill. I only have to work 2 days over the next 2 weeks, so I am just trying to find things to do during my days off. It has been really yucky outside, so that rules out a lot of my options, and without cable, there is only so much I can do around the house. Hopefully the sun will come back out soon.

Some pictures from the Lone Star State...

On our way to go two-steppin'!


Best honky tonk in Texas!!


ROMY!! (one of my favorite South Africans!)


Morgane (my other fave S. African!) and Amanda


These boots were made for walking (as were Romy's "tackies").


Tarrytown 4th of July Parade!


Everyone joins in the parade after it passes by. It is just like a movie! The procession ends at a park where there are MORE straight-from-a-movie festivities! (Lemonade, hot dogs, a DJ, hula hoop contests, etc.)

Emma and Amanda. Love these girls so much!

Comments

Popular Posts