SB '09 - continued

Day 135. 2 days until spring break. I already gave myself the first half of spring break when I went to Florida, so this is really more like a continuation of what has already happened. Let me tell you right now, I need the break. Especially since I was catatonic all during Christmas break. I finally get some time to just do NOTHING! Oh I can't wait. One kid told me today that I make him angry on purpose just so I can call his mom and get him in trouble. My resonse? "Oh yeah, you have figured it out. Your mom and I have become such good friends from our regular phone chats that I am out to get you in trouble just so I can talk to her. Oh, and because I just don't like you, so I WANT you to be in trouble. Am I right?" His response, "No." If he had a tail, it would have been between his legs. With only 45 days left, I figured it was about time these parents learn that I mean business. No more of this "Let's try to work on our listening skills" notes in folders. OH NO! Today notes in folders read something like this: "Constant eye-rolling and yelling at the teacher will not be tolerated in this classroom." It doesn't matter though because the kids who get those notes are the same ones who, when I threaten to call mom or grandma because they aren't behaving, tell me, "I don't care. Ain't nothin' gonna happen anyway. She don't do nothin'." That is great. Just great. I'm over it.
Andrea and I are going to New York in one week and I couldn't be happier. New York is just one of those cities that I feel like is a little bit a part of me. Andrea has never been and I don't think she quite knows what she is getting herself into going with someone who is as obsessed with that place as me. I've tried to make a list of the essential things she HAS to see and do, but it just keeps growing. There are too many dang things in that city. I'm taking suggestions though.

I've got New York City heart.
-Oliver & Company

Comments

Popular Posts